Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Extreme Blog Makeover!

Well, after many years of having this blog I think I've found it's purpose.

I have a daughter, my first born, who is diagnosed with ADHD, Aspergers, and generalized anxiety. I have  resisted taking up the special needs banner for many years for several reasons.  The main one would be that my daughter and I are more than these labels and our lives encompass far more than just the management and knowledge that goes with dealing with these conditions.

That being said, it's come to my attention that I have amassed a wealth of knowledge over the years that I am just, for lack of a better word, sitting on.  I've run across people who are happy and thrilled to encounter my information and those who are resistant to it. The purpose of sharing it here isn't to convince anyone or offer definite concrete answers but just to simply share a journey, what has worked for us, what has not worked the ups the downs the things I have seen in others along the way and hopefully provide a network and support for others and vehicle of release for myself.  I hope it appeals :-)

No comments: